Wednesday, January 09, 2013

January Inspiration

I don't know whether it's because of the enforced break from painting over Christmas, but January seems to be my most experimental and inspired month!  Last January I painted Cosmic Poppies, which went on to win the SAA Amateur Artist of the Year award, this week I've painted this, White Windflowers, and it's not at all like my usual work!

White Windflowers - watercolour, 15" x 11" $150
So 2013 is off to a good start, let's hope I can keep the energy flowing!

6 comments:

newmexicomtngirl.com said...

Oh my goodness Ruth this will win awards too. I love it. The simplistic flowers are even more glorious against such a WOW background. Keep it up.
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne
www.cheyannesexton.etsy.com

Maria Emilia Moreira said...

Boa tarde!
O mês de Janeiro, apesar de chuvoso e frio dá-lhe uma forte inspiração.As flores estão magníficas!
abraços.
M. Emília

Verónica Guzmán said...

Unos colores muy bellos y alegres! Gran trabajo :)

Un saludo.

Laura Leeder said...

Very pretty Ruth! The colors...mmmmnh!

Blaga said...

This painting is simply breathtaking!

Ruth S Harris said...

Thank you so much CheyAnne, do you really think so? It's one of those rare paintings, it almost painted itself!

Thank you Maria :)

Thank you Veronica! :)

Thanks Laura, the colours are unusual for me but I love how it turned out!

Thank you so much Blaga!!! :)