Saturday, December 29, 2012

Another year over


 Another three month gap between posts.... I'm ashamed, forgive my neglect!

It has been a busy few months, lots of painting, framing, selling - it's hard to keep up with everything and unfortunately this blog suffered, as well as my Christmas cards which were never sent.

Poppies were a recurring theme, these two captured the papery petals perfectly!

Opening Day - Watercolour, 15" x 11" SOLD

Poppy Trio - Watercolour, 15" x 7" SOLD

More of the small format, square florals which look amazing in beech or white 12" square frames!

Lacy Days - Watercolour, 7" x 7"
£40/$80 US (painting only)

Anemones - Watercolour, 7" x 7"
£40/$80 US (painting only)
A couple of tall, narrow format florals for a change...

Tall Daisies - Watercolour, 5.5" x 15"
                 
                           Glad Rags - Watercolour, 7" x 14"
Then the purple clematis in my garden caught my eye, I had fun with lots of colour and water!
The President - Watercolour, 11" x 15"
SOLD

The President #2 - Watercolour, 15" x 11"


There was then a series of small format work aimed at the affordable gifts market, with a wide range of subjects.

As the year ends I'm taking stock, thinking about what I want to achieve next year.  I need to spend more time painting, paint more animals in particular, and I'm also going to try something completely different - block prints - hopefully that will inspire me in my watercolours too!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Son realmente preciosas! Sobretodo la ultima, me encanta.

Feliz 2013 :D

Studio at the Farm said...

I LOVE your poppies, Ruth! And I wish you a very creative and Happy New Year!!

cathyswatercolors said...

How i love your watercolors. Is your book for sale? love love love them.

Unknown said...

Thank you Veronica, Studio at the Farm and Cathy :)

Cathy, yes it is, and it's available both as a printed book and as an e-book for download. Go to http://www.blurb.co.uk/user/store/RSHarts and select your preferred format :)

Merce Ares said...

Hermosas y coloridas acuarelas. Felicitaciones Ruth, son muy originales. Feliz año y saludos.

Unknown said...

:)the colors are so vibrant! Love it!

mathilde le goff said...

Great!!!

Ger said...

Tall daisies - oh my. How I would love to have this painting. How I would love to paint like this! I love your style. You are very talented. Ger x

Tara Omar said...

I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.
Dr Itua told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]