Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Beach Pebbles

My second play with acrylic inks, this time with a wider range of colours at my disposal. There was a challenge on paintingfriends.com to draw with ink, and without lifting the pen from the paper (known as "contour drawing"). I decided to combine it with an experiment in glazing with acrylic inks.

The results aren't bad! I like the colours and the inks act almost in the same way as watercolours, with the main difference being the inability to lift colours once dry!

Beach Pebbles, Acrylic ink on watercolour paper, 9 x 7.5 inches

2 comments:

laura said...

Beautiful colors--and nice design/arrangement; the shapes, including shadows, are very interesting.

Unknown said...

Thanks Laura - it's surprising how well these experiments turn out sometimes. I think having no pressure to make it good actually works for me!