Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Saving your best work?

I've started to go through some of the older work that I kept for myself, re-evaluating whether it should be on my walls or whether I should sell it. Mostly I prefer my more recent work, but occasionally I find a painting that still speaks to me, reminds me of a special time or place, and I can't imagine letting go.

This is one that I had kept back, but I think it's time to let it go to a new home where it will be seen and loved. "Peaceful Place" (2005) was a favourite, but I have another painting of the same place which speaks to me more.



I have many more to go through still, so many memories to revive - this could be emotional!

1 comment:

essay best said...

Good post, I also have save my best work but I am not sure if it is right time to reveal it. Thank you for sharing it with us