Monday, March 04, 2013

If in doubt, try a crop!

This was painted last month, around Valentine's Day, so of course it had to be called "Roses are Red".  I've been doing more work without drawing recently, it allows me to enjoy placing the brushstrokes without any boundaries.

I started this as a quarter sheet but the left side wasn't working, so it's now cropped to a 9.5" square and I like the modern feel that gives to the painting.

Roses are Red - 9.5" x 9.5", watercolour on paper ©Ruth S Harris



11 comments:

Laura Leeder said...

It's beautiful!

Sissel said...

Oh - wonderful, I love it!

Studio at the Farm said...

Simple and beautiful! Love it!!

Nora MacPhail said...

Gorgeous! I agree, cropping can do wonders!

Ana Mar said...

IT´S LIKED, AS THIS WORKED FOR THE AGUADA, movement, and color strength.

Victoria A. said...

It's beautiful! I love it :)

Ruth Harris said...

My sincere gratitude for all of your lovely comments..... Ruth x

Diana said...

Gorgeous Ruth, Your expressiveness in your work is so very lovely,love,Diana

Sue Marrazzo said...

LOVE this and the colors...are GREAT!

Anonymous said...

This has an Asian feel to it. It is beautiful.My first time on your site.
Pat Jones from Massachusetts, USA

http://www.aussiewritingreviews.com/assignmenthelps-com-au-review/ said...

Watercolors and flowers? Name a perfect combination than this. Love this, especially the color you have used, Amazing work