Thursday, May 20, 2010

A return to an old favourite

A few years ago, I was a little obsessed with painting dandelions. I don't know how many I did, but they were popular and always sold quickly. Eventually I grew tired of the same subject and moved onto other things. Last week I was contacted by a small, independent greeting card company who are interested in making cards using some of my work, and the owner mentioned how much he liked the dandelions! I almost groaned, but then I thought "why not?" so here are my two new dandelion paintings!

Cobalt Wishes

Three O'Clock

Hopefully they'll be what the company were thinking of!

6 comments:

meera said...

So very beautiful --i love the vibrant colors and the crisp sunbursts of the dandelions!

Jocelyn T. Bichard said...

I absolutely love your dandelions1!!! The colors are beautiful!!!!

Billie Crain said...

I love these both Ruth but my fave has to be 3 o'Clock. I really like the textures & colors in the background.

Ruth S Harris said...

Thank you Meera, most people hate to see them in their garden but I like them!

Thank you so much Jocelyn :)

Thanks Billie, that's my favourite too!

AussieMum63 said...

Absolutely beautiful with such vibrant colours. How did you paint this? Did you use masking fluid.
Inspirational, thank you for sharing.

Ruth S Harris said...

AussieMum, thank you for your kind comment! Yes, I use masking fluid applied with a ruling pen for fine lines, it can take some time to reach the fun stage but the results make it worthwhile.